Warehousing services have other significance too. It is specially useful for storing fragile goods, art pieces and other items for future display. It is also useful for in-transit storage of variety of goods. In-transit warehousing refers to the short term storage of goods while transporting the consignment.
Benefits of warehousing services
- Warehousing provides secure facility for storage of goods when supply exceeds the demand. The stored goods are immediately made available to the consumers when the demand is high. Thus warehousing services ensure regular supply of goods in the market, stabilizing the price factor by matching supply with demand
- Modern warehouses provide facility for processing, packing, blending, grading etc, of the goods for the purpose of sale.
- Prospective buyers can inspect goods stored at the facility.
- Warehouses provides facility of receipt for the custodial goods to the owner. The owners can borrow money against the security of the goods, by endorsing the receipt of the warehouse.
- By storing imported goods in bonded warehouse, a businessmen can pay customs duty in installments.